Caution - Busman's Ladder

GRJ

Whilst exiting from Antler to Busman's on 2 April, the top rung of the ladder gave way at one side. The ladder is still usable but getting on/off it is trickier than before. No repair was possible at the time due a lack of tools. The integrity of the remaining rungs is not known. Anyone visiting should excercise suitable increased caution/safety measures!

andrewmcleod

GRJ said:
Whilst exiting from Antler to Busman's on 2 April, the top rung of the ladder gave way at one side. The ladder is still usable but getting on/off it is trickier than before. No repair was possible at the time due a lack of tools. The integrity of the remaining rungs is not known. Anyone visiting should excercise suitable increased caution/safety measures!

My memory is failing me. Is that one of chain ladders in Antler Passage or is it something after turning the corner and going through the damp choke bit into Busmans?

Stuart France

As Gary said above, the affected ladder was the one from Antler into Busmans.  This ladder is what you find yourself having to climb up next after passing the various right angle corners at the dark wet choke at the top end of Antler Passage.

I gather that its missing top rung has now been fixed by moving the bottom rung from one of the other compatible ladders that reached the floor and so it won't be much missed.  The rest of the fixed aids in Antler/Busmans were OK.  I'll make some spare parts and stash them at Whitewalls for future use.

Thanks to Adrian F for carrying out a prompt repair job on this occasion.