AditNow Zoom talks

skimble

Copied from the AditNow Facebook group:

On this Thursday 4th February, Les Riley will be giving a talk on Zoom about the Iron Mining Industry of North Lincolnshire. Les will be covering the history of the area from 1850 to the recent past. The talk will cover the lay of the orefield, initial surface workings and then the move to underground mining.
The Zoom login will be available on this thread 24 hours beforehand.

The Aditnow talks will continue monthly. Coming soon ...
4th March - Peter Burgess - The Surrey Hearthstone Trade and the story of the Betchworth Workings.
1st April - Chris Jones - Furness Iron and B45 pit

pwhole

Hahahah - what? Hahahah. Would anyone go mine exploring at 8.30am? Actually, Les probably does - ignore me. I'll try and set an alarm  :-\

Monty_Stubble

The talk will take place tomorrow (Thursday evening) on Zoom at 2030.

Login  841 2046 8932

Password  198669

If you join please ensure you are muted.

shotlighter

Monty_Stubble said:
The talk will take place tomorrow (Thursday evening) on Zoom at 2030.

Login  841 2046 8932

Password  198669

If you join please ensure you are muted.

Would love to join this but tis the Memsahibs birthday & self preservation says no!
Wonder if Les is planning on recording it?

ChrisJC

Is there a talk on the 5th Feb as well? I have a note that there is, but I can't remember what it is about or how to get onto it!

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris.

Pitlamp

I'm not registered on the mining forums but maybe someone who is would like to post what follows somewhere appropriate? (Sticking it in this topic as the right folk are most likely to notice it here.)

Today's "Craven Herald & Pioneer" newspaper (4-2-21) has an article on page 2 about a Roman lead ingot dating from AD 81. It was found near Pateley Bridge (Nidderdale) and has been purchased to be put in the Craven Museum at Skipton, as part of an exhibition about lead mining in the Craven area.

mikem

NAMHO have already picked it up:
https://m.facebook.com/National-Association-of-Mining-History-Organisations-205801649787180/

Al S

ChrisJC said:
Answered my own question - CATMHS are having a talk on Greenside on Friday.

Chris.

Are the CATMHS talks open to non members, if they are do you know where I could find the login details?

Cheers,

Al

mikem

Doesn't say: http://www.catmhs.org.uk/event/zoom-talk-the-history-of-greenside-mine/?instance_id=116

ChrisJC

Al S said:
ChrisJC said:
Answered my own question - CATMHS are having a talk on Greenside on Friday.

Chris.

Are the CATMHS talks open to non members, if they are do you know where I could find the login details?

Cheers,

Al

The Greenside one is members only.

Chris.

RobinGriffiths

Once you've joined CATMHS, request to join the private CATMHS Facebook group, and once you've joined, I beleive you'll have access to meeting codes.

RobinGriffiths

Although, I'm not sure if it's a Zoom or a Facebook talk??? Facebook has a greyed out Join Event button against the event - maybe it is hosted by Facebook?. I've been off Facebook for a decade, and rejoined today,  so I've no clue how it works now.

Edit - it is Zoom, there's a link, so there, all sorted.

RobinGriffiths

Oh, and thanks to Les for a great talk tonight. Very well presented with some great photos. Granted, a lot of them quite ochrey, but hey...