Cumberland cavern parking

amozzer

Any updates on parking on land round to the right of New Bath Hotel. Not been since this time last year.

AR

I understand they are no longer allowing caver parking, friends of mine have asked at reception but had permission refused.

Jenny P

Worth checking out any information on the DCA website - that was being kept up-to-date.

If there really is no parking now near the New Bath Hotel, that's a change from the agreement DCA had with them so it needs sorting out.

ttxela2

I wonder if something happened to upset them? I parked there not long after it re-opened and went in after my trip for a drink and snack. I had heard caver parking was no longer welcome since though.

Gollum

I parked there just before Christmas after being given permission from the people at reception. I know TSG had a trip and assume they parked there without any issues because they didn't mention anything

davemowle

I live in Matlock Bath and know how it works at the hotel.
The hotel do not want anyone other than the hotel users in the main car park opposite the front door of the hotel. Tradesmen are told to park to the right of the hotel on the old road, I have parked skips, vans and cars there on and off for years. this area is out of view from the hotel main entrance.
If you turn off the A6 and drive up the rising access road and then turn right there are plenty of spaces on the right. Do not go straight on at the top of the access road as that is the hotels private car park. Do not go left as there are allocated bays exclusively for residents of the houses on the A6.
Hope that helps.