Access to JH/Titan

David Rose

What's the current situation with access to Titan and JH? The DCA website suggests Titan is closed until May 17, and that JH is open. But another site, Peak-Speedwell info, suggests JH is closed too. However, Martyn Farr put a Facebook post up at the weekend reporting a Titan trip.

Anyone know what the actual situation is, and whether I need to do anything before setting for a JH - White River trip this weekend?

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Other cavers from Dudley were in there too and posting photos on Inet.  There was some filming taking place there before that too.  It must be open on request at least.  Try Moose.

pwhole

JH is open for certain, and it does say that on the front page of the PeakSpeedwell site. I too though Titan was closed - until recently.

chunky

As I understand it, there has been special access arranged under work permits with the land owner for the filming project. Martin's trip I think was the last of that agreement to de-rig. Outside of this I should imagine it would be whatever the website says.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

cooleycr

Just to confirm, the information on the Peak Speedwell website is correct - there is currently NO ACCESS to Peak or Titan.
This will remain the case until the 17th of May, assuming all goes to plan with the government roadmap.
The only exceptions are project work, for example we are fitting Radon detectors in Peak on Friday and the team in Titan recently were indeed part of a filming project that was pre-arranged with the landowner and Showcave owner.

There is access via JH but only if permission has been given by Mark at Rowter farm.

For and on behalf of the Peak Cavern Keyholders.

AlexR

To those interested, we've now derigged the Titan film work ropes, so access is back to usual (no change at the show cave end, though)

cooleycr

I have updated the information on the Peak Speedwell website - caver access to Peak and Titan is to resume from Monday the 17th of May.

I look forward to a flood (not in the cave!) of bookings  ;)

For and on behalf of the Peak Cavern Keyholders.