Anyone selling Caving Gear?

lumenchild

Today I received a very sad  :cry: phone call from a friend,

His house was burgled and his car was stolen with all of his caving gear inside,
this afternoon the police found the car burnt out with non of the contents that was in his car  :cry:

He can't afford to just go out and buy it all back again at new prices, its took him years to get all his gear together,
So I'm kindly asking the community on his behalf,

Does anyone have any spare gear they would like to sell for a fair price to help a fellow caver?

Cantclimbtom

I have a *handled* petzl ascender which I don't use after I decided I hate handled ascenders, probably a delta maillon spare in a bag somewhere and maybe another bit or bob or two like a footloop and krab? Not sure exactly but a rummage might turn out something

It's not much at all, but every little helps?
FoC if PM'd an address to post it to

lumenchild

Cantclimbtom said:
I have a *handled* petzl ascender which I don't use after I decided I hate handled ascenders, probably a delta maillon spare in a bag somewhere and maybe another bit or bob or two like a footloop and krab? Not sure exactly but a rummage might turn out something

It's not much at all, but every little helps?
FoC if PM'd an address to post it to

Thank you so much for the help, I will message you his details for contact  :beer:

I owe you a beer

topcat

I have harness and D maillon and chest harness FOC

And helmet and light, couple of options, but would need to charge for this.

Probably have foot loops, CT's etc , also FOC.  And probably other odds and ends.

However I'm currently caving in the Dales and the kit is at home in Scotland.  It will be next Monday before I connect to it.

Cheers
TC

alastairgott

lumenchild said:
alastairgott said:
What size over/undersuit/wetsuit would they take?

they are about 5ft7-5ft8 around 13 stone,

Thank you the help

Drat, we've got free stuff, but it's come from a medium-shortie person, it doesn't fit me, so i'm afraid little chance of a good fit.

But i am down in S. wales (from Manchester) this weekend, if that's of any use to you for transportation of any free gear which may pop up.

lumenchild

Thank you to everyone that has posted with very generous offers,

His insurance is going to cover the the cost to replace what he has lost.

Thank you to everyone who offered you help so kindly, this is such a wonderful community  :beer:

Cantclimbtom

If the insurance stitches him up, like suggests 2nd hand caving gear is worth ?150 and then subtracts ?150 excess on contents, or some sneaky trick, post again...

lumenchild

Cantclimbtom said:
If the insurance stitches him up, like suggests 2nd hand caving gear is worth ?150 and then subtracts ?150 excess on contents, or some sneaky trick, post again...
Thank you, I do hope it goes well for him, but if not, i will repost  :beer: