A465 - Mailing List Update

rhychydwr1

An email from Costain:

Good Afternoon,

I write to inform you the draft orders for Section 2 of the A465 Heads of the Valleys dualling programme have been published today by the Welsh Government and represent a significant stage in the development of the proposals. 

We have created a post about the development on our project website:

www.a465gilwern2brynmawr.co.uk

where you will find the Explanatory Statement, Stage 3 Scheme Assessment Report and Non-Technical Summary of an Environmental Statement.

The post also includes details of the Deposit Points where the draft Orders, associated plans and the Environmental Statement are available for public inspection and the dates and locations for the forthcoming exhibitions which commence on the 13th November 2013.

Regards, Lauren

bograt

Could someone explain which caves will be affected by this? (I know there are some) CCC should be involved as an "Interested Party".

ChrisJC

It runs up the Clydach Gorge, which is where the resurgence for the Llangattock Mountain caves is located. As well as a few other caves. Draenen is on the other side of the gorge too.

It will be a very impressive piece of engineering when it happens. And expensive.

Chris.

shortscotsman

My reading of the document was quite positive.

THe current road runs up the western flank of the gorge.  There are several caves whose entrances are just below the current
road : Ogof Capel and Ogof Nant Rhin being probably the most important/sensitive.  It looks like the new road will be an extra
carraigeway ABOVE the existing road which doesn't look like it will cut any significant caves.  The entrance to
Ogoof Craig Y Fynnon is quite far up the western flank.  Ogof Gam (top entrance to Ogof Nant Rhin) might be affected

I think people have managed to get cave conservation on the agenda - for which I  am gratefull

There will probably be lots of disruption and access problems whilst work is ongoing but its quite possible the cuttings
might uncover new caves........