Swildons hole, st pauls series.

alastairgott

how difficult is it to get there? I will have a mixed group but it would have experienced and relative newbies.

Is st pauls part of the small round trip? with ducks etc.

do you know where i can find a description?

Benfool

Yup St Pauls is part of short round trip - will email you a description..... Should be okay with a fairly mixed group as long as there is no absolute beginners.....

B

The first bit you need to locate is the climb up from the streamway into Tratman's Temple and  then cross into Balch's Forbidden Grotto. Through a cral and past the Blasted Boss and you're into St Paul's.

Not sure if you are thinking of doing the Short Round Trip? OK for really competent novices but there's wet and tight bits! If you haven't done it yourself suggest you do so before taking others through.

Oceanrower

Just a thought. If you have newbies who haven't sumped before, getting to the 'wrong' side of sump one could be interesting....

alastairgott

I went to the "wrong" side as my first sump last year after three years of on and off caving, mainly in Yorks' and Derbys', where they don't really have short sumps/ducks.

It was pretty...err...cool!

Cheers ben! you have email.

pete h

buy a copy of Swildons Hole 100 Years of Exploration, very good discription of the cave with a survey available from Wessex Cave Club price ?25.00.  :coffee: