Access to Long Rake Mine, Bradwell

damian

Just posted on BCA Forum.

Phone (or write) to Mr. STEVEN Hadfield, Oakhouse Farm, Smalldale, Buxton, SK17 8AE (tel. 01298-22139) at least 48 hours in advance. (Note that there are 2 Mr. Hadfields on that number and it is STEVEN you need to contact.)

Please give details of intended trip, name of club and numbers involved. Avoid lambing season (10th. April to 20th. May inclusive).

Roadside parking either on Batham Gate Road, and approach via Potter Barn, or, alternatively , from east end of road at Pindale and use public footpath. Avoid obstructing gateways, leave gates as found and entrance lid secure. Mine is schedules as a RIGS.

maxb727

hey,

is this the same place as Long Rake Founder Shaft?? I think if I remember correctly last time we had to take a scaffold bar to put accross the top to rig off, is this correct??

Cheers

Maxine

Cookie

Top trip. Did it the weekend before last.

The in-situ scaffold bar is rotten.

There is a solid spike in the ground and it looks like some use a tape around the gate's frame to form a second belay.

We took our own scaffold bar and backed-up to the spike. Worked a treat.

Our scaffold bar was a little over the top at some 10' long. A 4' bar should be fine.

maxb727

Cheers for that, next I just need to work out where it is again, havnt been there since the first time which was a couple of years ago.

Max

LarryFatcat

maxb727 said:
hey,

is this the same place as Long Rake Founder Shaft?? I think if I remember correctly last time we had to take a scaffold bar to put accross the top to rig off, is this correct??

Cheers

Maxine
Last time I did Long Rake there was a bar and backup stake in place, has this changed?

paul

LarryFatcat said:
maxb727 said:
hey,

Cheers

Maxine
Last time I did Long Rake there was a bar and backup stake in place, has this changed?

There is a reusty old scaffold bar in place - best to take your own...

Pete K

Was the old guitar still there? Tried to incorperate it in my rigging! The in-situ loose bar seemed sound enough when combined with the other two anchors but there is no guarentee it will be there in the future. Best take your own 5-6ft bar. Possibly a good spot for DCA to consider putting a nice steak in like the one up at Maskhil.