Thank You uk photo peeps! =)

Amy

Thanks bunches to Footleg and I know there was someone else too and I forget the name...maybe it was Steve, sorry for forgetting! for help with panoramic photos =) Getting away from shitty photoshop auotpanoramics which I was not happy with especiallly with some dome photos I was taking on my last cave trip...for example...

My first try with the first of the sister domes in Roppel, I eventually gave up and made it that shape to try and get *some* sense of how tall it was:
6277827443_36b601efa9_z.jpg

After help of explaining panoramics and some programs to try...finally kinda got PTAssembler figured out, omg way better, yes? Yeah i ended up doing a bit of cropping so it fit full frame so I lost Shelly but it kinda threw it off with the new projection anyway.
6386897985_9317f752c3_b.jpg

Elaine

That's good. Would be even better with a person stood right down where the boulders at the bottom are. (for scale) or do people get a bit distorted?

Amy

Yeah I should have had someone do that. It does throw off the scale a little bit though I find because still as you go up the top images scrunch the hight down more and Ive not figured out how to correct for that yet. This is about a 160ft tall dome. Open to ideas for which projections to use to fix that... (hint hint! haha) When doing on rope shots it works nice to have someone up high on rope for better scale I find, like this:
5830770212_abf1aba4a8.jpg