Scurion P7 / Edelrid Ultralight combo

Gerbil007

I've decided to go for something different, so with a heavy heart I'm selling my Scurion P7 which has never once let me down since I bought it in 2010.

I'm asking for ?150 plus postage (if required) which buys you the full setup (original aluminium battery case, short cable, lamp head, mains charger and 2 x battery sets) which is currently attached to a yellow Edelrid Ultralight. I also have a few spares and the Scurion recommended silicon grease which I'll throw in. The lamp works as it should and everything is watertight. (As tested with a recent trip through Swildon's sumps 1,2,3 and 4.)

Some caveats:

The condition of the lamp and battery box is commensurate with 9 years of hard use. There are scratches and marks pretty much everywhere and the battery box has lots of wear and tear. In particular, the plastic securing screws on the battery box lid have worn down, although they work just fine and as stated, everything is watertight.

The helmet has seen better days! several of the rivets which secure the straps and cradle have failed and I've bodged fixes with cable ties. I'd have no hesitation in doing a hard trip in it tomorrow, but you're probably going to want to replace it. The fixings are probably salvageable, but replacement sets are available. You could easily cobble everything together from Wilko/B&Q I imagine.

Both battery sets have lost some their capacity/efficiency. They both take and hold their charge fine, but you're not going to get the stated run times of the original spec. I'd happily use either of them for a long trip though. If you don't blast it on high settings all the time, you'd still get a full day (and more) of very useable light from them.

As I mention above, I wouldn't hesitate to use it for a tough trip and I'm sure it has years of life left in it. Scurion offer a reasonable service / upgrade option should you wish to have it refurbished. With that said, I would strongly recommend that you contact me for some pictures before committing to purchase, so you're fully aware of the very well used condition of the kit.

Benfool

Its also possible to upgrade this light with brand new electronics for between ?150 and ?200 (depending on the spec). It would need to go back to Switzerland, but I'm happy to sort this.

Means that somebody might get a pretty good light for a good price!

B

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Try posting a photo - always helps.

Have shared onto the UKC facebook page  :)

Ian Ball

Whereabouts are you?  Sounds like the Mendips, would you be happy to post to the Dales?
and how scratched is the front glass, would you say that needs replacing?

ib