Photobucket Turnaround ??

The Old Ruminator

This from another forum.

"Tonight I received a special offer email from Photobucket to pay $19.99 (?15.32) per annum for 3rd party hosting with no adverts, etc. Sounded too good to be true, but took the gamble & paid up, & now all my old photos have been reinstated ! What a turnaround."

If true it means my images here might live on a bit longer.

Tommy

You could pay for your own private hosting for that amount, and you'd have full control.

For such an online photo 'power poster', you'd certainly benefit from it.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
OR - While that's not a bad price for now, what's gong to be their next trick.  Worth considering Topimo's point going forward although I appreciate how many photos you already have links to, both on here and elsewhere.  Good news in the short term anyway.

TheBitterEnd

I've probably missed something along the way but throughout all you tortured years with Photobucket and host of other photo sites I?ve been using flickr for free without a hitch so why not use flickr?  :confused:

Tommy

TheBitterEnd said:
I've probably missed something along the way but throughout all you tortured years with Photobucket and host of other photo sites I?ve been using flickr for free without a hitch so why not use flickr?  :confused:

Flickr have very recently been bought from Yahoo by a company called SmugMug.

Nothing is permanent, but having control of your own domain is the next best thing.