Tripod delivered!

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
The Tripod is with it's new owners!

Pete Ward, MD at SpanSet (and caver!) was busy on Friday so Rob Hinton kindly arranged for Tim and I to collect the tripod (he even made a yellow strap for it to make it easier to carry).  Juan called round on Saturday to collect it, job done  :)

Looking forward to seeing it in use in Matienzo  ;)

wl

wl

wl

Even spotted a caver (and instructor) up on the roof enjoying the sunshine  ;)

wl

Thank you for the tripod SpanSet  (y) (y)

www.spanset.co.uk

Juan

Legs extended and ready to join the Matienzo digging armoury. The tripod is also all set. Thanks Pegasus, Badlad and Wardy at SpanSet!

Attachments

• 20210420_170229A.jpg
    20210420_170229A.jpg
    376.1 KB · Views: 228

Wardy

Hi mrodoc
I had hoped to use caver post or an opportunity where we had staff in the area for delivery, but it has not worked out.
I am happy to ship it by a carrier, so if you email me on pward@spanset.co.uk with an address then it can be with you and put to use hopefully by the weekend.
One positive note is that while it has been sat at SpanSet, Simon Mitchell one of my staff has fettled it, so it is now easier to assemble / disassemble again.
Looking forward to hearing of its adventures.
Pete

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Bump - would someone from the Quadpod winning digging team please contact Pete at SpanSet re delivery, thank you  ;)

The Old Ruminator

Well not actually here as yet but somewhere on a pallet in a three-day delivery slot. Will get back to the thread when it's up and running.

Wardy

Now that is a modification and truly what I see as innovation in digging.

Well done gents and I hope it helps

The Old Ruminator

Thanks Wardy. Sorry for the moment that site details are unavailable as that is part of our access agreement. The long extension places the kibble over the centre of the hole. Its then raised and swung around to the tipping place. Easy work.

mrodoc

There is a drawback to extending the jib. It alters the C of G so we have had to put rocks on the base to stop it tipping. Fortunately a full kibble isn't too heavy. Glad we are not subject to HSE review! It is great however to have the quadropod in use so soon after getting it and it is proving invaluable.