New boxed old style CROLLS for sale

topcat

I have three of the old style (as in with the black plastic catch, previous model to the current rope-chopper version). 8mm - 13mm.

They are boxed and ticketed brand new.

?40 each.  Not a massive bargain, but as these aren't available now.........

Caver post to the Dales Easter weekend......NPC Greenclose.

TeeCee

Simon Wilson

There were two versions with a plastic catch before the infamous B16BAA (2013). The latest version Croll L (2018) is almost the same as the two earlier plastic catch versions expect that it doesn't have the cam stop and it has different shaped upper attachment hole. They have tried a few different shapes for the upper hole and I think they have finally got it about right to minimize wear on the tape attachment. This time they have extended the body at the top and added a kink which moves the tape away from the rope.

It's simple and rugged and they should be able to produce it cheaper than the more sophisticated competing designs from Camp and CT. I suspect they might want to try to get back some of the market share that they have lost by undercutting the competition on price. They might even be on sale for less than ?40. On the other hand they might hope that people will be loyal to the 'original' chest ascender - we'll see...

https://www.petzl.com/INT/en/Sport/New/CROLL-L

Croll_bodies_three.jpg

topcat

mine are definitely the left hand one as per the photos above.

Given that alternatives are available for just over the ?40 I'll drop my price to ?35 collected, or +?5 posted tracked and signed for.

TC

Simon Wilson

I was wary about hijacking your for-sale thread. I only want to help.

All three above are all far better than the 2013 model that is currently in the shops.

paul

[gmod]Unless you have any questions on the item for sale or want to buy it, please do not post off-topic items on a "For Sale" thread - they will be deleted.[/gmod]