Caving artwork

PeteHall

wl

My sister finally conceded that she would not see us any time soon and popped a few things in the post that been carefully saved in the hope of a belated Christmas get together.

Instead of the usual bit of TK Max junk, I was amazed to unwrap an original artwork, based on a photo of my daughter heading through the tree into Swildon's Hole and painted by one of her friends!

It now has pride of place on my kitchen wall, but since we aren't allowed guests any more, I thought I'd share it here.​

Huge

Very nice Pete and a great surprise, I'm sure.

A couple of years ago, when she was 13, my daughter presented me with her own original work, on my birthday. We had no idea that she was doing it and she mounted and framed it all by herself. That's me in the cave apparently.  :)

Attachments

• 2021-02-04 13.28.14.jpg
    2021-02-04 13.28.14.jpg
    527.9 KB · Views: 148

ditzy 24//7

thanks you for sharing your artwork. i love art and craft so its nice to see some that others have done.  its not often you come across cave/mine themed art.  ;)

mrodoc

Very unusual piece of cave related art. Looks like an illustration to a fairy story. The artist should go a long way.

PeteHall

mrodoc said:
Looks like an illustration to a fairy story.

I've always thought that the tree entrance to Swildon's is a bit 'Alice in Wonderland'. There is certainly something quite magical for children crawling through a hole under a tree into a secret underground world.  :)

PeteHall

I've still not managed to see my sister, but in the meantime, I commissioned her friend to produce a similar picture of my son in Goatchurch, which has just arrived in the post.

I'll have to get it framed an on the wall when the framing shop opens again next week  :)

Edit: I probably ought to credit the artist: https://www.facebook.com/DoodleLouArtist

Attachments

• 459c091a-958d-4c21-b745-29a1901193ed.jpg
    459c091a-958d-4c21-b745-29a1901193ed.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 139

yrammy

Working on my art piece for the next Hidden Earth. But don't expect something conventional. Think Grayson Perry!

maxb727

46b5aa2a09f54442922aa5cc2804efd5.jpg

Seeing Pete?s pictures inspired me to get in contact and commission a painting for my other half?s birthday of his son in Goatchurch. We were blown away at the likeness when it arrived.

Really good value (in my opinion) and such a lovely personal present!

maxb727

e311298c87fd22a29dc16372e2305620.jpg

This is the original photo with a friend of ours helping us.

The drawing is spot on!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk