Starless river shop at mam tor on Sunday 4th

alastairgott

Tony Seddon of starless river has just told me he will be at the mam tor car park on Sunday the 4th of April. If you are planning on meeting him then let him know you are coming as I?m not sure how early he will be there.

And if you need any specific gear, then probably best to let him know then he can try and ensure he?s got it in stock.

https://starlessriver.com/  (y)

pwhole

Oh god - is he doing wholebean coffee? And I'll need smoked back bacon on a wholemeal breadcake, not that shitty white sliced stuff. Maybe a doughnut or two - I'd better get in touch.

Loki

:LOL: :LOL:
Strawberry mivvy with sprinkles and raspberry sauce please.
Seriously though, keeep up the good work tony - I for one will need an oversuit at some point.

nigel n

Best get there early then - there were numerous cars parked at the top of Winnats as I travelled to work at 8.15 on Friday morning  and by 11 all the parking in the upper Derwent dams area was full!

pwhole

Mam Tor summit has been re-designated by English Heritage as a Historic Spreading Centre. A testing facility in the car park would be a good idea. Children in five years will ask 'Where did you catch Covid mummy?' 'At the Trig point, darling'. The upside is that we might get a good landslide this summer, what with all the extra weight and a wet winter - it has been a while...

alastairgott

The police were half blocking one side with cones (the road ones, not ice cream ;) ). And the firebrigade was blocking the other half, Today not sure what they were Upto, perhaps preparing for hordes of Tony's customers tomorrow.

pwhole

I believe the internet generation are calling it 'Seddon Vale', and are arriving from all parts of the country for the first all-dayer of the season. I hope he's packing some good wax. Boom-chi boom-chi boom-chi...

alastairgott

I guess this would answer why the fire brigade were there https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-derbyshire-56632819

alastairgott

Tony?s back on Sunday 25th this week. The drill is the same, get in touch with him if you want gear/buy online and see him probably at the mam tor car park.

I think he got bored last time and moved to stoney