Cambrian Mine Video

Paul Marvin

Good place for above the water and also good diving below the water guys . Bat free video  ;)

https://youtu.be/boMrdjTcm1s

Cantclimbtom

My only attempt to film something ended up like muffled rummaging at the bottom of a sack of coal without a torch during a power cut. You've got so much light, lovely video.

I've never been to this, or any of the neighbouring black-slate but must have driven past a few times. Also I'd like to look-see  because I'm told the geology is very different and you can get copper and other inclusions and in some places sedimentary adjoining slate????

However -- Air quality... for non divers (ignoring sumps and pockets) what's air quality like in Cambrian, in your experience

Paul Marvin

Cantclimbtom said:
My only attempt to film something ended up like muffled rummaging at the bottom of a sack of coal without a torch during a power cut. You've got so much light, lovely video.

I've never been to this, or any of the neighbouring black-slate but must have driven past a few times. Also I'd like to look-see  because I'm told the geology is very different and you can get copper and other inclusions and in some places sedimentary adjoining slate????

However -- Air quality... for non divers (ignoring sumps and pockets) what's air quality like in Cambrian, in your experience

Never really had any issues the stream runs straight through the place with large openings either end, having said that there may be some little tucked away corner thats a bit stale . What you will find in here is the shit quality of the slate and its really black it will absorb all but the most powerful lamps . Same underwater...  Mmm must get a video under the water in there as there are carts and lovely slate staircases and nice electrical boxes amongst the usual goodies to be found. Bear in mind over the Rd at Aber Las there was a guy I dived with and knew quite well lost his life in there due to air quality or the lack of it . Aber Las apart from the incline down to the water is ALL underwater so diving only

NewStuff

Cantclimbtom said:
You do get what I think is oilshale. The dark patches smell very petrochimical-ish. It's almost all in the main haulage tunnel going to the pipe. I'm not a Geologist though.

Cantclimbtom said:
There is no bad air in the main workings. Aberlas working are, as said, straight to water. The bad air where the fatality happened is a sealed chamber only reachable via diving.