Classifying caving (and potholing...)

The flood of books on the Thai cave rescue raises and interesting question as to how caving literature should be classified. To start with we have these classifications from the publishers:

The Boys in the Cave          - SPORTS & RECREATION / Caving
                                            - SOCIAL SCIENCE / Disasters & Disaster Relief

The Cave                            - Lifestyle, sport & leisure / Caving & potholing

Miracle in the Cave              - SOCIAL SCIENCE / Disasters & Disaster Relief

which, although I'm not too sure about what social science means (maybe that's the point), seem reasonable but -

The Great Cave Rescue      - True Crime / Caving & potholing

I'm sure we should expect more to come under but I wonder how many will get classified as: adventure, biography, 'mind body spirit', psychology, religion, travel...or even literature?

TheBitterEnd

Book classification is not a subject I know anything about but I wonder if some publishers are tempted to classify books on what they perceive as the best for sales/marketing rather than being strictly based on content; hence True Crime. I assume the likes of Amazon don?t review every book and take the publishers data including classification as a starting point for their own classifications?