Where are these old photos?

Penguin

The Shannon Group has recently been doing a lot of exploration in Co. Leitrim.  During a couple of trips to Deep Pot On Largy (yes that's what it's called!) we found a couple of old flashbulbs like this:

DeepPotFlashBulb.jpg

i have no idea if it can be dated, perhaps the design hasn't changed much.  However they were probably left behind between 1958 when the cave was discovered, and the 1970s when we know of the last visit there. 

We've collected all (or all that we know of) of the exploration reports but none of them contain any photographs of Deep Pot. 

Does anyone know of any old Irish photographs taken by British clubs (SUMC, SUSS, and CPC that we know of went there) between 1958 and the 1970s which might be of Deep Pot?  It would be nice to retrieve these photographs and show them the light of day again! 

Any and all help appreciated and for those over at SUICRO there will be a talk on our Leitrim escapades.  And a beer if you can bring the Deep Pot photos!  ;)

Cheers!  Al

graham

No scale, but it looks a bit like a PF5b to me. Certainly in use in the 1970s. Not sure how long before then.

adventurebarbie

Al, Mikes Dad did some exploration in Largy in the 60's or 70's I think. He's a CPC member.

I've forwarded on the query to see if he knows anything.

robjones

graham said:
mrodoc said:
Perhaps there was no film in the camera ::)
Thought it was only you who did that Pete.  :coffee:

Nope. Moi aussi  :-[  My daily progress photos of a lengthy dig turned out not to exist  :(  On the same film a friend posed to record a mine ladder, so ill that he was spewing bewteeen shots. When we returned to retake them, the entire shaft had run-in  :eek:

Penguin

burrencrawler said:
I saw that flash bulb, it was on a ledge about 1.8m away from the '58 SUMC graffiti yes?  :tease:

Yep that's where the one in the photo came from.  But there was another we found on the first trip by the window into the Window Series.  Left that one there - unless you carried down to the Phantom Disconnect..!  Same type. 

If you're reading this thread and wondering what all the fuss is about take a look at Quentin's video (i'll plug it again!)

Deep Pot Cave in Largy, Co.Leitrim - Ireland