Wade of Wade's Entrance and SE Pot.

A recent club trip to GG via Wade's Entrance prompted the question "Who was Wade?".
Limited research afterwards has drawn a blank in terms of a reference. Northern Caves states "Descended 1957 BPC". Anyone know more?

Also interested in SRT rigging for SE Pot if it exists. I found only 2 spits (one of which refused my crappy old bolt hangar and resulted in a refusal from me) for the large dry shaft and nothing for the narrow clean 'wet' shaft below the 'last' pitch of Flood Entrance. I didn't look at the scaffolded hole further along towards Bar Pot.

susie

The entrance was first opened by Eric Wade who upon failing to get down Flood Entrance, dug in the adjacent shakehole getting through after an initial voice connection.

Antwan

susie said:
The entrance was first opened by Eric Wade who upon failing to get down Flood Entrance, dug in the adjacent shakehole getting through after an initial voice connection.
(y)

Grimster

psychocrawler said:
A recent club trip to GG via Wade's Entrance prompted the question "Who was Wade?".
Limited research afterwards has drawn a blank in terms of a reference. Northern Caves states "Descended 1957 BPC". Anyone know more?

Also interested in SRT rigging for SE Pot if it exists. I found only 2 spits (one of which refused my crappy old bolt hangar and resulted in a refusal from me) for the large dry shaft and nothing for the narrow clean 'wet' shaft below the 'last' pitch of Flood Entrance. I didn't look at the scaffolded hole further along towards Bar Pot.

My father in law :)

He's not with us any longer but I do have a handful of old images scanned from slides I'll look at uploading and linking here if there's any interest.

Grimster

Fulk

I would guess (1) Greasy Slab, Alum Pot; (2) ditto; and (3) Main Shaft, Alum Pot. As for the fourth, I've no idea.

Chunks

Alum Pot! With the first one most definitely the greasy slab. Some seriously impressive ice formations  (y)

As for the man himself, not sure what entrance he is stood in.