caving at the checc event 2008

hrock

hi

i have been asked to try and come up with a list of caves that checc will prerig and or recomend people to have a look at. if you did not know this year checc is in the peak (so no sugestions of caves in the mendips no mater how good they are)

i have thought of the well known ones it was the more unknow one i was tring to get sugestions of so

dont tell me about

p8
giant
oxlow
masgill
peak
carlswalk
eldon
netle

or long rake (as this still has a fue unidentifed CO furmes to acount for yes much naster than a bit of CO2)

Johnny

Bagshawe Cavern is a good trip.

I could be on hand to show people around but can't promise that I won't ask them to carry the odd cylinder  ;)

Rob

A few potential's, although some people may want to be checked for suitability for some caves...

Eyam Dale House Cave (would need to contact Eyam Dale House, could rig entrance pitches)
Gautries
Hungerhill Swallet (could rig Deep Space)
Sidetrack Cave (could rig rope down quarry face)
Streak's Pot (could rig ladder/lifeline down top entrance)
Water Icicle (could rig entrance pitch)
Waterfall Hole (could rig a ladder/liftline down Hockenhull's Rift and EPS Aven)
Waterways Swallet (would need to contact the guys, eg Andy F)

Brains

How about some less demanding trips for a hangover and those with an interest in history and mining?

Holme Bank
Ashford/Rookery
Mouldridge
Jug Holes
Wapping/Cumberland
Devonshire
Good Luck (if you can sort access)
Knotlow/Hillocks complex for SRT mining enthusiast

and of course, Brightgate as a cave to finish with

Cave_Troll said:
half a day down Odin?
and another day to clean the kit after... :tease:

mudmonkey

Definitely the knotlow system - rig all the entrances and you can lose hundreds of students

Lathkill Head top ent is a nice short trip - though I don't know if we want a cast of thousands

Rowter Hole for a short shaft-bash

Winnat's Head for the sober - upstream pitches only

CREM CREM CREM CREM CREM! (make them all roll around and carry mud out with them.....)

M

mudlover

What is going to happen to access? is it just hoing to be a free for all, which may end up with large amounts of waiting in the more popular caves, or will clubs/groups/individuals have to book at slot?

SamT

agreed - it would be good to 'organise' trips first. Time slots etc.

I may well be about to run some bagshawe trips. However, the conservation plan in place for bagshawe does limit numbers i.e. it will not be a free for all all day sort of thing.

hrock

yes well done boys checc will be doing some orginising of people (or trying) for severl resons.

we want caving clubs to do trips they havent done be for so when they come back to the peak they can cave confidently in more of its wonderfull caves.

2nd queing for ropes is cold and boring most people wood rather do a trip down a cave with out this happerning. we are also have to remender the acces agrements for all these caves.

but if you know a cave well and would like to lead a teem off keen cavers who dont know the way so might nead a bit of gidance and the acational tip then your hep will be welcomed

(this is all not run past the commity so lets hope it is right)

maxb727

hey

sounds good henry, you have read my mind, i do need to give you a call one evening to sort out this caving malarky!

max

A

angelmaz11

Hey,

Do you guys need help with rigging? I'd be happy to come up possibly Friday and help out / or indeed de-rig on the Monday?

Let me know,
Marion xx