"Natural" Caver Calendar 2011!!

Amy

SO!
It's about ready! Waiting on a couple little things is all.

Here is my pitch: "Hey my two friends and I really want to cave in England! We are poor graduate students that have a Ramen noddle diet! We came up with this nutty idea! We got some decent pics that weren't totally crappy! Buy one! Support us!"

Sadly, printing is coming up way more than initially thought - it's going to be about $15 to just print and bind them! GRAH! Originally we were shooting for $20pp but obviously, that would mean NO profit whatsoever. Therefore it's probably going to be more like $25pp and if you are international...which all you are...well I'll figure out shipping will probably be a few bucks more. Likely around *looks up current exchange rate* ?17 or ?18. And of course, you are free to donate more for our efforts and creativity and entrepreneurship than the list price! I will be able to use Paypal so no worries about exchange rate problems.

To get an idea of how many need to be printed - PLEASE pm me name & email if you want one so I can get a list going!

A teaser...obviously this image was heavily cropped ;)
tease.jpg

Amy

Okay folks they are ready for shipping!

There are several options available:
Print Calendar:
$25 postage paid to anywhere in the U.S.
$30 postage paid to anywhere outside the U.S. (yeah, shipping is a killer, isn't it? the markup is strictly postage)

Electronic Calendar:
**note for both of these options you are not allowed to electronically forward to friends either, let them purchase their own!
$10: I will email you the print-quality pdf file, you can print up to two copies for your OWN use
$10 * # of times you're going to print it: aka say you have a couple friends who want them, friend A and friend B so you will be printing 3 copies, then it is $30. I am trusting my fellow cavers to be honest about this. If you are going to be printing more than 5 (aka 6 or more), let me know we can work out some sort of discount.

Payment
Paypal: amy @ amysrabbitranch.com (take out spaces) I am not set up as a business so please use the "send money to friend" option
Put in the comments section your name & address & which option
You can also contact me directly at that email too

Amy

*technically* all image I would say are sfw. It would depend on your boses though. All "technically naughty bits" though are hidden in some form or another (except arses, there are two arses).

ChrisJC

I'm up for a copy - my 2008 SUSS one is getting a bit dog eared as I just wrap around to Jan every New Year.
I'll send over some money via PayPal.

Chris.

Cave_Troll

Amy > just a check. You're funding a caving trip to the UK by selling photo of yourselves neked down caves? I don't have a  problem with this :) will you be avoiding the areas that you have sent calendars to?

Chris > Have you not laminated your copy? Should I try to persuade the club to start working on one for 2012?

Amy

Thanks Chris!

Cave Troll - Yuppers! You got it! :D I thought it was a brilliant idea myself. And no, I won't be avoiding the areas of folk who get one, haha. If we cave together you've probably gotten a chance to get a glimpse of me anyway unless everyone is shy and bashful with roadside changing! In fact someone here even PM'd me saying they are a photographer and a caver and wanted to know if I'd do some modeling for them assuming this works and I get back over there.  ;) If you want help for the 2012 I'm in! haha.

Hels - of course not, I'm in the tease photo but just down to my upper chest ;) if you can't see anyone at all, check your monitor settings. I have had *one* complaint that it was "so dark I had to pull it into a photo viewing software and crank up the brightness to see anything at all" erm yeah...if you have a properly calibrated monitor, it should be fine =)

playoutside

Sorry Amy I'm with Cave-troll on this I really do think you should avoid meeting anyone who is willing to pay that much just to have a glimpse of you in your full glory!

Joel Corrigan

I think I speak for about 90% of the British male population, 20% of the female population but only about 5% of the caving population (who are generally less fussed than normal people) as I'd like confirmation that you & your friend don't qualify for a "wide load" sticker on your bumpers before I part with cash!  If you need to strip off to fit through a squeeze then I won't be able to fit your calendar on my wall  :ang:   

Peter Burgess

Amy - wouldn't it be better to make a calendar for 2012? Shops that are still offering 2011 calendars are doing them for about 50p as we are halfway through January already! Get ahead of the December 2011 rush!

Amy

:LOL:
The photos are tasteful, as I said, nothing *actually* shows.
Well I ain't no skinny model (I think you have to be a size 2 or less, US, to model) I've been told by friends it's weird I don't have a bf yet. I can fit into many a small squeeze though as I am quite flexible! It's why oversuits I hate them with a passion. If they can't allow me to do the splits or a bridge or almost hook my feet behind my head they are not ok for me to cave in! I have not found one that can do this yet.

Fine though, photos.
Me in a UK cave (proof I have a passport and can travel into the country)
5210389010_2c347800b5.jpg

Me in a US cave (proof of flexibility/agility - oh yeah, PLAYING CAPOEIRA IN A CAVE!!! beat that, yo!)
5344563634_3fac028b43.jpg

Me in a Canadian cave (proof I can fit into little squeezy crevice cave crawly bits!)
5040443946_b3cf9b3715.jpg

Me playing capoeira with Mestre Lucas at Ohio State back in December (proof I do actually play capoeira and it's more than just being able to do a handstand)
163221_1786667109396_1321098740_2009504_6442989_n.jpg

Peter Burgess said:
Amy - wouldn't it be better to make a calendar for 2012? Shops that are still offering 2011 calendars are doing them for about 50p as we are halfway through January already! Get ahead of the December 2011 rush!
YOU MISS THE POINT MY GOOD SIR.
How can I come cave there this year, if I have to wait until next year to get any monies to do so? You want me to wait for Summer '2012 vacation to come over there again? I THINK NOT. I'd like to come back this year and cave!

Peter Burgess

Not at all! Hands up who would buy a 2012 calandar from Amy this month, and keep it for 11 months. You are permitted to open it and ogle admire the pictures. You might have a point if I had suggested making a 2010 calendar, but I wonder how many people are thinking of buying it for the table of days and months?  ::)

Amy

They should be! I did a LOT of work on this calendar! Not only getting the shots (although my two friends helped with that) but getting the dates! I gathered the US cave dates (MAR, VAR, OTR, NRO, TAG....) UK cave dates (that I could find or told to me) and I even put both US and UK holidays on it, as well as some fun bonus dates like when SWAYGO gear formed, when the first Stenlight was sold, when rappel racks were first published...etc.

Seriously i easily spent over 20 hours just putting it together. Dates are hard to find!

There are no 2012 dates out there really so you'd miss out on all that awesomeness!

RobinGriffiths

Bloody hell Peter. It's just a calendar in the same vein as the Calendar Girls, but with strategically placed stals rather than an iced currant bun with a cherry on top!

Elaine

Much as I would love to help you in your good effort Amy I cannot buy a calendar of young naked girls. It makes me feel far too inferior!