Wanted: Child's oversuit

Sailingneil

My daughter would love to get an oversuit to go caving in like her Dad. Anyone got any XXS or XS caving suits sitting in a cupboard looking for a new owner?

Tripod

Agricultural suppliers/bigger country type shops have child size boiler suit type overalls, which are colourful and branded with tractor manufacturers names. Fine for dry/not excessively wet caves.

tdobson

Not quite an oversuit, but we were using them as oversuits when we started caving - I have a Click Workwear navy small (size 40) boiler suit that you could have for ?9+postage (unused condition - never worn).

Attachments

• 133423300_4077970868898900_8522284867434408452_o.jpg
    133423300_4077970868898900_8522284867434408452_o.jpg
    490.1 KB · Views: 143

Sailingneil

Thanks for the offer but I am looking of a waterproof one if possible as we don't have many dryish caves in Scotland!

PeteHall

What age is your daughter?

My kids have been caving in the fleece lined waterproof suits from Mountain Warehouse. Great for smaller more cautious kids, but once they get a bit more confident and start climbing and sliding a bit more, they aren't so tough...

Alternatively, take a lesson from the 1970's and cave in a wetsuit.  Loads of kids wetsuits on Facebook marketplace for cheap.  Double layer for extra warmth and padding.

Rachel

I have a Daleswear S+ that my daughter grew out of when she got to 5ft tall. It might be a bit big for yours now but probably not for long.

Rachel

A few quid in the CRO tin will do. It was passed on to me for free from a friend's son, so only fair to pass it on in the same way.

Where are you based? I live in High Bentham and work in Kendal.

Sailingneil

I live in Argyll Scotland, would be happy to pay postage and donate to CRO, if you would be willing to post. Unfortunately it seems like it might be a wee while until I am allowed to have a Yorkshire trip  :cry:

Fjell

Sailingneil said:
I live in Argyll Scotland, would be happy to pay postage and donate to CRO, if you would be willing to post. Unfortunately it seems like it might be a wee while until I am allowed to have a Yorkshire trip  :cry:

It?s already a wee while since I was allowed on my boat in Argyll. At least you can run up the Cobbler or something.

Rachel

Sailingneil said:
Send me a pm with your address and I'll send it and let you know what the postage cost