International Cave Rescue Conference 2007

nickwilliams

I have received a flyer for the above, which is due to be held in Aggtelek-Josvafo, Hungary on 15-18 May 2007.

If anyone would like me to e-mail them a scan of the flyer, please send me a PM.

Nick.

Cookie

nickwilliams said:
I have received a flyer for the above, which is due to be held in Aggtelek-Josvafo, Hungary on 15-18 May 2007.

If anyone would like me to e-mail them a scan of the flyer, please send me a PM.

Nick.

Is there a website?

Peter Burgess

nyitoment.jpg

I am fairly sure this is a camp in the Mecsek hills in the south. That structure is the sleeping quarters, the 'berths' being on the open upper deck. There are interesting swallow holes and digs nearby. Cavers camp out here for several weeks in the summer, largely from the Universities, I believe. If it isn't, then it's somewhere much like it.

Edit: Correction: it's Pilis near Budapest. Oh well, I guess cavers' camps all look very similar!!!

graham

Cookie, are you going to ask for a web cam to be installed so you can stream the action to the Wexses Hut?

Les W

It is our intention to get the Hunters broadband enabled and then stream a live "Huntercam" from the bar.

Then it will be possible to check on the web at the Wessex to see if you're mates are in the bar yet.  ;) :beer:

Cookie

graham said:
Cookie, are you going to ask for a web cam to be installed so you can stream the action to the Wexses Hut?

Mmm, no.  :-\

Although after doing the stop-motion sequence of setting-up the Hidden Earth Trade Hall last year, the logical progression is a webcam.

Hidden Earth Cam anyone?  :D

whitelackington

Les W said:
It is our intention to get the Hunters broadband enabled and then stream a live "Huntercam" from the bar.

Then it will be possible to check on the web at the Wessex to see if you're mates are in the bar yet.  ;) :beer:

Can you install a webcam for Templeton :-\

so we can see them dig from the comfort of the Hunter's Lodge Inn Hostelry

Les W

A couple of years ago at one of the Mendip Caving 2000 events we did just that. Not only could you sit in the Hunters and watch the diggers in Hunters Lodge Inn Sink, but when it was time to bang it, the wire was run to the pub and Roger Dors fired the shot and we all watched the explosion on live TV whilst supping our beer.  :beer: (y) (y)

Most excellent (y) (y)