Topic Sections

paul

Simon Wilson said:
There is nothing to indicate what section a thread is in if you open it from the homepage and does it matter anyway?

[gmod]It doesn't matter how you open a thread, it tells you at the top of every page. And it does matter, otherwise why have separate sections? I suppose you would think it OK if you went to a Library looking for caving books and all the books were jumbled up regardless of subject or every time you did a google search on a subject you got totally random results absolutely nothing to do with the subject?
Many members only visit certain sections and are not happy having to wade through a lot of off-topic stuff which is of no interest or if they find a page by searching, again having a load of off-topic stuff.

Anyway, KEEP ON TOPIC. You have been warned.[/gmod]

Mark Wright

I always thought as Simon, that when you open from the 'Home' button, as I always do, I wouldn't know what section I was in. Since your post Paul I've discovered it. I think it could do with being a bit bigger for those of us getting on a bit.

Mark

Bottlebank

Mark Wright said:
I always thought as Simon, that when you open from the 'Home' button, as I always do, I wouldn't know what section I was in. Since your post Paul I've discovered it. I think it could do with being a bit bigger for those of us getting on a bit.

Mark

Me too - I've only just spotted it. I always use the "Show Unread Message" option. And I've fallen foul of the mods for it in the past.

And I was in the opticians earlier today who has confirmed that like Mark I must be getting on a bit.

Mark Wright

I was talking to Badlad the other week about not knowing where you are from the 'Home' button and I don't remember him saying where it was. Maybe he doesn't know either. He does now.

Back on topic,

Mark

andys

Mark Wright said:

Mark

Off Topic - sorry Paul  :) - but pertinent to add here that the section info is only visible at the top and bottom of the WEB page, not the screen's viewport thereof. Maybe you could have a floating label down the left or right that was ALWAYS visible? Back on topic....

kay

If you go from "show unread" it's also just under the "new" button.

;) So this thread has mutated from "where to get carbide" to "where to use carbide" to "whether you can tell which section a post is in".

Bottlebank

kay said:
If you go from "show unread" it's also just under the "new" button.

;) So this thread has mutated from "where to get carbide" to "where to use carbide" to "whether you can tell which section a post is in".

Must admit I hadn't spotted the one at the bottom of the page. I can't really see what all fuss is about staying on topic, if conversations go off at a tangent that's fine with me. They soon get back to the point anyway.

On which note: http://www.berniescafe.co.uk/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=1_90_128