CNCC Newsletter 9 Out Now!

CNCC

Hello everyone

The 9th in our series of newsletters (March 2019) is another bumper edition, with eight pages for the second time running. It is crammed with news covering conservation, access, training, anchor installation and other items from our region.

1553446511.jpg

View our news article for a quick-link to download:
https://cncc.org.uk/news/20190324-newsletter-9-out-now

Paper copies will be sent out to all caving club huts in the UK, and various other locations (including Inglesport). If would like a few paper copies to make available to your members, caving group or any other relevant organisation please PM us and we can arrange this for you.

Council of Northern Caving Clubs

CNCC

All photos at the newsletter header from now on will hopefully relate to something in that issue... in this case, the photo is in Uamh an Claonaite, at the top of the famous watershoots (a really splendid place) captured by Gary Douthwaite during a YUCPC/YCC joint holiday in Scotland a few years ago. This reflects the publication of our new Scottish caves guide, and the fact that the CNCC seeks to represent Scotland as well as northern England.

Who better to model for this photo than a Scottish northern England caver?  :)

GarDouth

Administrator
Yes it is a genuine Scot on the header - in a Scottish cave. She now lives in England due to being run out of Scotland for not liking Haggis and Iron-brew.  :LOL:

Very happy to put other people photos on the header of the next issue if they send me them but ideally they need to relate to a current bit of news.

alastairgott

She sounds like the best one for the job. And to think the last time I happened to be in the Hunters she was drinking Cider rather than buckfast.

Top work!

And now I tell myself off for being racist  :chair:

kay

CNCC said:
Who better to model for this photo than a Scottish northern England caver?  :)

Especially as CNCC covers the whole of Scotland as well as northern England (making it the largest area of the "access bodies" as well as having the most caves)
(is there a "smug" emoji?)