Digging buckets

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
DB Buckets to the stars - are you on here?  Are you still in business?

We're desperate for a couple of drag/haul buckets.  The ones with the corner cut out so you can drag horizontally and then haul vertically with the same bucket.

Cheers
Tim

braveduck

Badlad have told JJ where to get some .
When they are gone ,I have no idea when I will be able to restock !

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Brill.  You are indeed the bucket maker to the stars  ;) ;)  Hopefully brewing will return to normal soon.

I don't know how we ever managed before DB.  Cheers

braveduck

Yesterday the brewery yard  had  non, so whether they have dumped them or not been brewing I have
no idea ! But I do have enough ready made to restock when I get the chance . ;)

braveduck

Warning ,do not leave the white buckets in full sun light for a long time ,they do deteriorate .
I do not think this is likely but just something to bear in mind .I thought they were OK but one
I have had in the garden for two years in full sun snapped  a piece out when I picked it up
by the edge !Blue ones no problem . 

Pitlamp

As a matter of interest a similar thing happens when cable ties are placed close to low energy light bulbs; the white ones go brittle and fail; the black ones don't seem to do. (I hope that's not too off topic but I change light bulbs for a living, so I tend to notice such things.)

braveduck

Best use Black then if you do that will not happen . Those bulbs must give out UV ,this penetrates semi translucence
Poly ethylene plastic .It breaks the Polymer chains into short lengths which then makes them break as easily
as biscuit .

A_Northerner

Caver and Brewer here with an excess of 25L chemical containers that may be suited to your needs. Let me know how many you want and where you want them and I can make it happen - Dave I can drop somewhere discreet at the Dump if you'd like to modify them yourself? I will clean them out of nasty caustic/peracetic acid and sanitise for Covid as well.

Hi
i can get you just the buckets you need. well I normally could if my work was open. we get laundry liquid in 25 litre flat-sided barrels that have a screw lid and handle on top.
i will have a look and see if I have any spare lying around

braveduck

I think the brewery will be soon producing some more ,will check next week.
So at the moment I am Ok ,I do have some stock of one's to convert .
Also have loads made up ,just need to get them to the dales !
Thanks all  BD

TheBitterEnd

Hi all, I have a dig in need of a bucket, vertical shaft so square/rectangular plastic drum would be great if anyone has one that they can spare.

braveduck

Please contact Russ Brooks at BPC, he is acting as my agent for Bucket  distribution
in the Dales ,please do not turn up at the hostel unannounced .
Bit of a nuisance  but necessary.