Caving film - the World beneath your feet

adventurebarbie

Hello all,

Below is a link to a recent film that Mike and I (at Yorkshire Dales Guides) made with Paul Diffley of HotAches productions (Ario Dream fame). Special thanks to Helen Blyth and Dave Ottewell for all their help with this project and stories in stone for part-funding it.

It is a reflection and celebration of caving, showcased in the Dales, why the caves of Britain are world-class and a philosophical reflection of the essence of cave exploration and why it's such an amazing sport for everyone including kids. This is a project that is very close to our hearts and something we worked immensely hard on. The intention of the film is to encourage more people, especially young people to take up the sport and a means for the public to understand and see the world that lies beneath our feet. We hope it encourages more young people to engage in our BCA-supported, charitable work with the Yorkshire Dales Adventure Academy when lockdown eases.

We really hope you all enjoy it, and please share it, however, and wherever you can, and I suggest sharing it with a link to newtocaving.com and hopefully, we will inspire some folk to take up our amazing quirky little sport and equally important conserve and protect them.

https://www.yorkshiredalesguides.co.uk/?fbclid=IwAR2VQpfKNdTE71VC_d7fp9zlsRlGMR3ThcwenFqgMl5WvOvP8frhZV1XhUU#the-world-beneath-your-feet

Hope you all enjoy it

Many thanks
Steph and Mike
www.yorkshiredalesguides.co.uk
info@yorkshiredalesguides.co.uk

Alex

Excellent film, I can never get lighting like that, as where I normally go, well those lights would be a problem.

I REALLY miss caving and this video, explains why.

Pitlamp

I think that's probably the best film of its genre I've ever seen; the commentary is superb. It's particularly good to see youngsters so obviously enjoying caving. You couldn't have picked a better time to let us view this, when we're all pining for the potholes in lockdown; it really cheered me up!

Quick question - what type of kneepads are those at 02:31?

adventurebarbie

Good Q JNC, I'm not right sure, some vintage black version of the cheese toasties. We'll have had them forever I imagine and get used as and when we find them LOL

Pitlamp

I thought that initially but they looked more like they were shaped, as opposed to the "gravel scoop" variety.