Afton Red Rift - anyone got a survey

Olaf

There is one in the pink book of lies, aka. "The Concise Caves of Devon, A D Oldham, J E A Oldham and J Smart. 1986 revised January 1991". It's just about good enough to find your way around...

mrodoc

There is quite a decent one on the wall of the DSS hut at Crest Hill in Buckfastleigh!

Alex

He can hardly take the wall underground with him lol. From what I recall we got by okay without a survey just had a written description.

rhychydwr1

Olaf said:
There is one in the pink book of lies, aka. "The Concise Caves of Devon, A D Oldham, J E A Oldham and J Smart. 1986 revised January 1991". It's just about good enough to find your way around...

There is one on fleabay for ?37 odd.  I have a s/h copy for ?11 post free in the UK.

Just ask my lawyer to sue for libel.  Could be a nice little earner  ::)

mrodoc

Alex said:
He can hardly take the wall underground with him lol. From what I recall we got by okay without a survey just had a written description.
Tongue firmly in cheek there! I agree that you can get around with a written description once you know there is a round trip. It was some time before I even found a survey. People might be interested to know that it was OUCC who opened the system up back in the early 60's.

Cartwright26

[/quote]

I have a s/h copy for ?11 post free in the UK.

[/quote]

you tried flogging me one for ?20 not so long ago!

I have an afton Survey somewhere when do you need it for

andrewmcleod

Cartwright26 said:
I have an afton Survey somewhere when do you need it for

Hi, sorry, should have said once I didn't need one any more! I have been now (why are Devon caves always so muddy! :p ); got hold of a survey in the end and had a good poke round most of the cave :)

Thanks anyway!