Wanted: Second-hand Caving over suit for a 6"2 fella

Joshlivesoutdoors

I'm looking for a secondhand caving over suit if anybody has one that is no longer used/ damaged) that would fit a 6"2 fella, in the hopes that when we can finally see the light of day after the lock down... at that time I can then promptly delve straight back in to the inky darkness once again!).

Some thing damaged is fine as I can spend a few hours mending it, and if i can recycle even better.  :D

Ian Ball

Hello, I have one for sale.

It's the one from this thread, although I am 6'1 it is too big for me so would like to get my fifty back.

https://ukcaving.com/board/index.php?topic=24795.0

PeteHall

I think I have one for free, but it is in a real state, so you'd probably be better buying one a bit less wrecked. I'll dig it out and get a photo if you want?

Joshlivesoutdoors

Hey Ian, thanks for the reply, Sadly since i'm just an inch bigger it's still probably going to be a tad big for me. Thanks for reaching out though!

PeteHall

Ok, I've dug it out now. It's a Meander, cordura suit in size 3B (5'11" to 6'2").

Knees are ok, elbows are slightly holed, but not too bad really and no issue at all if you wear elbow pads (or the cut-off remains of your neoprene socks, as I like to use).

The arse is badly holed. I sewed it up once before, before I had a Speedy Stitcher and thread I used was clearly too thin as it failed again at the new stitching. Since it was too big for me anyway, I put it aside to deal with later and it's been in the bottom of a crate since...

The pictures show the condition. Free to collect from GL12 postcode area if you are local, otherwise I can post at cost. Unless of course the government announcement later today means caver post will be a viable delivery option again.  :-\

49878561281_f14d4de9dc_k.jpg

49878865917_8a37b8f775_k.jpg

Fjell

I have a basically new PVC suit you can have. It?s XL and too big for anyone I know. It will fit a 6?2. It is in the Dales.