BCA Newsletter 35 is now out

David Rose

The latest BCA Newsletter, issue 35, has now been sent out via email to those who have opted-in to this service, and some members will also have got it via their clubs. Many thanks to webmaster David Cooke for sorting this.

It will also appear on the BCA website homepage soon. I hope you enjoy it. Please pay special attention to the survey being conducted by Hellie Adams, convenor of the BCA Vision and Reform group, and fill it in and send it back to her, as requested.

And, of course, debate any of the articles the newsletter contains here. (For those who don't know, I'm the editor.)

aricooperdavis

There's a nice varied selection of content in there, and it's fantastically illustrated!

I'm very sorry to hear about Jane's resignation as BCA Publications and Information Officer, I can't imagine anyone better for the role. I've only ever found Jane to be enthusiastic and positive about the future of British caving, and exceptionally hard working to help make that happen. I can only hope that this loss motivates some serious reflection within the BCA council - I don't want to pay membership to support an environment that is too toxic to support progress.

andys

A super round-up of the current state of play.

There are one or two typos and, sadly, one of Mark's excellent photo's has been duplicated (leaving us one short!) but other than that an enjoyable and informative read. I particularly liked the "Caving in Fiction" piece since I'm an avid reader of the crime/thriller genre and frequently wince when the author is treading "my ground" rather than their own!

Keep up the great work!

Cookie

Sorry for the duplicated photo. Mea Culpa.

The pdf downloadable from the website has the missing photo.

http://british-caving.org.uk/wiki3/lib/exe/fetch.php?media=publications_information:bca_newsletter_35_jan_2019.pdf

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
aricooperdavis said:
There's a nice varied selection of content in there, and it's fantastically illustrated!

I'm very sorry to hear about Jane's resignation as BCA Publications and Information Officer, I can't imagine anyone better for the role. I've only ever found Jane to be enthusiastic and positive about the future of British caving, and exceptionally hard working to help make that happen. I can only hope that this loss motivates some serious reflection within the BCA council - I don't want to pay membership to support an environment that is too toxic to support progress.

Thank you, Ari - and apologies for the late reply on this - have been away where I promptly got food poisoning, great....

From my experience to date with BCA, enthusiasm and a positive attitude do not bring about progress - why this is allowed to be the case I simply cannot understand.  I too hope for some serious reflection.