Knot Booklet

75RR

Hi,
Have been working for a while on a Knot Pamphlet that, perhaps inevitably, morphed into a 40+ Knot Booklet.
Thought folks here might like to have a look.
It is not specific to caving, more a General Knot Booklet, but I think cavers will find several of the knots useful.
It is made available under the Creative Common License, so it is free, with the following conditions:
Attribution ? Noncommercial ? No Derivative Works.

http://goo.gl/c9dGuU

If you like it, I would appreciate it if you said so.

75RR

Thanks Les W and rhychydwr1.

Glad to see not everyone is a member of the Entitlement Society.

Fulk

I liked your little booklet (in particular, how to tie the EBSB), but what is the Entitlement Society?

Glad to see not everyone is a member of the Entitlement Society.

75RR

Thanks to paul, glyders and Fulk for posting.

At its most basic it is a Society made up of Individuals who feel they are entitled to everything, so they no longer bother to say please nor thank you.

75RR

As of this moment, the Knot Booklet has been downloaded 125 times from ukCaving, and only 7 people have said thank you. Assuming most Mothers tried to instill manners in their children, many of them must feel disappointed.

big-palooka

Hello 75RR

I have just seen this thread and had a look at the booklet.  I often find it a bit of a chore trying to get my Scouts to understand knots these days - have to draw lots of coloured diagrams on the board each time and they often don't see the point in the different knots until they get out to doing some climbing caving or kayaking

Your booklet is really great.  Would you mind if I downloaded it and used it as a template for knot tying sessions for my group.

Many thanks

Paul

75RR

big-palooka said:
Your booklet is really great.  Would you mind if I downloaded it and used it as a template for knot tying sessions for my group.

You may indeed print and distribute it to your group. It must however be the whole booklet, in its entirety, you may not print selected pages. See page 4 of the Knot Booklet for conditions. Good luck with the class.

Fulk

Evening, 75RR,

As of this moment, the Knot Booklet has been downloaded 125 times from ukCaving, and only 7 people have said thank you. Assuming most Mothers tried to instill manners in their children, many of them must feel disappointed.

Well; I've no particular axe to grind, and I certainly wouldn't defend ingratitude and the 'me too, I wanna it all' society, but to be fair ? if you post something on the Internet that can be downloaded with virtually no strings attached, can you really expect every one to say 'thank you'?