Penwyllt the preferred caving accommodation

Peter Burgess

Just thought I'd share these words from the next generation of cavers.

My elder son was talking with me about where he would like to go caving next time.

'I like Wales', he said.

'Why's that', I asked.

'I like the cottage'.

'Oh. What was good about it', I asked.

'The stairs. And the smell'.

'What did it smell like, son'.

'Old people'.

Pause while I let this sink in.

'And what do old people smell like'.

'Soap'.

Owld Butt

I was there between Xmas and new year I'm old perhaps your son could smell me, Its a  great place with good caving I should go more often.
  Cheers Owld Butt. ;)

Peter Burgess

It's actually two summers ago that they were there. I suppose the cavers are now much older and even cleaner than they were in 2005.

Les W

Believe it or not (I don't) the pub scenes were filmed in the changing rooms.  :eek:

Actually the pub scenes out side were of the changing rooms, the inside was a studio set. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

hell little caver

i'll like to say that were not all old! i'm glad your son like the hut! and the pub well it's a lie! although there did used to be the penwyllt arms acrross saddly just an empty cottage now! ( i never saw it as a pub tho way before my time)

E

emgee

Les W said:
Believe it or not (I don't) the pub scenes were filmed in the changing rooms.  :eek:

Actually the pub scenes out side were of the changing rooms, the inside was a studio set. But let's not let the truth get in the way of a good story.

Well seeing as it's Torchwood, of course don't let the truth get in the way of a good story. The idea of beer in the changing rooms is an idea a member might like to put to the comimttee.

W

Walrus

I may regret asking, but what's the Marmite Challenge? I like Marmite - is it likely to put me off?  :unsure:

gus horsley

Absolutely you really really don't want to know because it can cause serious embarrassment and distress to anyone who witnesses it.