Daren Cilau to Prices Dig

ChrisJC

I've visited the Time Machine a couple of times,.but fancy a change this summer when I might revisit.

Am I right in thinking that there's a through trip now, in Daren and out Prices Dig?
If there is, where can I get a description?

Thanks,

Chris.

damian

Don't know about a description but, unless the digging team have successed in bypassing it, I believe you are very unlikely to be able to get through to/from Price's because it sumps - it's a dug-out tube.

A long period of dry weather is needed.

Sewer Rat

there was a big push on it over the weekend by  some very ...active people :eek:
I had gone home before they returned.
unless they had sucess its still a major bailing effort.
there is a description in the LLangttock journal
available from chelsea.( it covers everything on the LLangattock side of the clydach gorge.)
however it was printed before the breakthrough into busmans chamber. I  am not sure if it has been fully surveyed yet.

damian

Sewer Rat said:
there was a big push on it over the weekend by  some very ...active people :eek:
I had gone home before they returned.
unless they had sucess its still a major bailing effort.
there is a description in the LLangttock journal
available from chelsea.( it covers everything on the LLangattock side of the clydach gorge.)
however it was printed before the breakthrough into busmans chamber. I  am not sure if it has been fully surveyed yet.

This gives you a description to the top of Antler. The Breakthrough into Busman's was written up in a past Descent together with a survey. I am not aware of anything describing the connection though and, as I (unfortunately) haven't done it, I don't know how obvious it is.

ChrisJC

OK. Thanks for your comments. It doesn't sound quite like a tourist route yet then.

Am I right in thinking that Ogof Cnwc is gated anyway?

Chris.

damian

ChrisJC said:
Am I right in thinking that Ogof Cnwc is gated anyway?

Yes. Key is available from Whitewalls and I believe it can be opened from the inside anyway for through trips.

I may be wrong though.

NigR

Also worth bearing in mind, if you haven't been there before, is that Antler Passage has several awkward climbs. These are easier if people have left the odd bit of string in place but, depending upon the level of your climbing ability, it may be best to take a short rope just in case.

damian

NigR said:
Also worth bearing in mind, if you haven't been there before, is that Antler Passage has several awkward climbs. These are easier if people have left the odd bit of string in place but, depending upon the level of your climbing ability, it may be best to take a short rope just in case.

and if going from Daren to Price's, the climbs are all upwards, so you need someone who can get up them to put on the rope.

Huge

I can confirm that the climbs in Antler Passage are very nasty!

It's possible to avoid having to do the first one, which I think is the worst, by going via Man In The Roof Passage. Mind you, MITR has a nasty rift at the end, with no floor, where you'd get wedged if you slipped down!

damian

Huge said:
I can confirm that the climbs in Antler Passage are very nasty!

It's possible to avoid having to do the first one, which I think is the worst, by going via Man In The Roof Passage. Mind you, MITR has a nasty rift at the end, with no floor, where you'd get wedged if you slipped down!

It does (or did) have a fixed rope on it though and then becomes a slightly scary but fairly easy classic abseil into Antler Passage.

Huge

The rope wasn't there when I did it.

I thought the slide down the end of the rift into Antler was the easy bit. It was the rift leading out to that point that worried me!

C

Cave monster

Prices is bailable...(if it's completely full think it takes about 4? hours tho!!)... I went there last summer, and as it had been bailed a few weeks before, it was pretty much completely dry...gets you into Busmans holiday, which then gets you through to Antler passage.....ask the Chelsea if you want to go there- Arthur Millett is prob best..