Red Rose?

Timmay

Hi everyone,

I am a complete and utter novice but had a 'moment' in White Scar Cave whilst practicing dilution gauging with uni. Stopping at Battlefield wasn't enough! This was about a month ago and since then the desire to contact a group and see if caving is for me has been at the forefront of my mind. I am absolutely fascinated by karst landscape and wish to delve deeper. I made contact with Red Rose Caving and Pothole Club (as they are nearest me) and the membership secretary said I should come along on their ladder training day and that the training secretary would contact me. Nearer the time I emailed again and haven't had a response and I emailed again yesterday. I'm probably being a little impatient but I don't always trust emails not to land in someones spam box.

If anyone from Red Rose is reading this, can you nudge the person who can give me info on the next social, please.  (y)

cazza

Hiya Timmay,
Don't know what happened re. the Training Day so sorry you missed it.
Can you PM me on this board

Cheers

Carol Makin

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
There are a lot of clubs in the Dales some more active than others.  Perhaps others have already offered you a trip, but you should not have to wait so long to get a taste of the underground.  I hope your desire and fascination hasn't been diminished.  Good luck

Timmay

Hi everyone,

thanks for all your responses. I made contact with the Yorkshire Subterranean Society and by the end of our conversation, we had arranged a trip for the first weekend in May. I can't wait!  :D