So, I'm relatively new...would love to get involved in some trips

Ply-Ramps

Haven't been down many caves yet, but managed to do Hidden Earth & Eurospeilo already  :LOL:

Finally have myself a basic kit sorted out, so I'd really like to get down somewhere & do something!

Based in the Easy Midlands I've checked out DCC site there wasn't much going on in terms of trips listed on their site & have just remembered about these forums after having a conversation with someone from here at my first Hidden Earth. Thought I'd join up to try & get more involved.

Cheers.

zomjon

Hi, loads of clubs and individual cavers in The Peak. Where are you based? Myself and a few others often do mid week evening trips in Matlock/Monyash area if you would fancy coming along for a few trips

owd git

used to be often Jon,  :( must get it back to  often eh? can help with string work too. kit and amused instruction availible :clap:
O.G.

ah147

They'll be cavers meeting at P8 car park at 11am both days this weekend.

Or 10am at TSG! All welcome :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jonnyrocketboots

I'm interested in getting a bit more involved in exploring Derbys' caves and mines as well guys,
Digging in Nidderdale at the moment and still will when I can.
Although the thought of getting  involved with something a bit nearer to home pricks my ears up!
Not forgot you owd git, I remember the reading you taped underneath the lid for me at Gentlewomans exit a year or two back!
I'll never forget that, was a thoughtful thought.

Jenny P

May be worth contacting Orpheus C. C. as they are an active club and also have a Club Cottage in the Peak District which hosted the post-Eurospeleo Peak Camp.

www.orpheuscavingclub.org.uk

Or contact the OCC Chairman, Boyd Potts, on  boyd_p  {at}  btinternet.com

ah147

Orpheus are a brilliant club that did a lot to help me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jenny P

Orpheus are definitely the club to go for if you are based in the East Midlands as they have members from Derbyshire, Nottinghamshire & Leicestershire so plenty of local contacts.

Plus they have a good programme of "away" trips to Yorkshire, S. Wales and Mendip, as well as plenty of caving in Derbyshire and there is a very active "Thursday Night Digging Group".  They also have some good trips abroad: Ireland every couple of years, Northern Norway, Pierre St. Martin in the Pyrenees, Cantabrian Mountains in Northern Spain in 2015 and Slovenia this summer.

Ply-Ramps

zomjon said:
Hi, loads of clubs and individual cavers in The Peak. Where are you based? Myself and a few others often do mid week evening trips in Matlock/Monyash area if you would fancy coming along for a few trips

Based in Nottingham, would love to tag along some time then. What are your typical trip lengths?

Well definitely check out Orpheus as there is nothing but good things said about them lol