CNCC introduction to paperless surveying

CNCC

Following the success of the first Cave Surveying Group, CNCC sponsored Paperless Surveying Training Course, held at How Stean Gorge in Nidderdale in the spring of 2018, it has been decided that we will run the course again over the weekend of 30/31st March 2019.

As before, the scope of the course is to introduce people with no experience of paperless surveying to the equipment and techniques needed to produce a map of a cave.

The aim is that by the end of the weekend, candidates will, using a DistoX, PocketTopo and Therion be able to produce simple maps and be armed with the knowledge that will enable them to further develop their paperless surveying skills.

The course will again be held at How Stean Gorge which with its excellent onsite training cave and great facility?s make it an ideal training venue.

Do not worry too much about having the correct kit as we have several sets which can be used. However, if you do have, or indeed want to put together your own DistoX phone/PDA combo then pre-course advice can be given to get you up and running to avoid wasting time on the course weekend.

There is a maximum of 10 places available.

If Interested, please contact Nick at csgtheriontraining@gmail.com for more information

Details and updates posted here: https://cncc.org.uk/events/introduction-to-paperless-surveying

alastairgott

Just looked this up to remind myself of the date, so I might as well bump it! (hopefully the session is already quite full, but there's always the chance of a "dropout" closer to the time)

I will do my best to assist, top facilities at How Stean and a great view of the Gorge to rest your eyes from the computer. I loved it last time when I was being trained and i'm sure that the new group will love it too.

CNCC

Thanks for the reminder Alastair!

The course is indeed fully booked (a tremendous turnout... everyone must have read the good feedback from the session last year).

However, if you are interested and have not managed to get a space on this course (or if you have a space and can no longer come) please contact Nick. His email address in the following link https://cncc.org.uk/events/introduction-to-paperless-surveying).

If there's lots of interest beyond the current scheduled course then hopefully another can be organised  ;)

Allan

Hi
There is an introduction to Paperless surveying course being held at SWCC on the 2/3 March, we have one or maybe two spaces.  Contact allanr@caving.demon.co.uk if interested.
Cheers
Allan