Long Shot - Birks fell cave

Alex

I am on the hit list in my club after some how losing the clubs/Robs adjustable spanner on the 16th. I clipped it to the rope, thinking it would be safe there leading out to shale pitch (I was not the one who tied it the crab it was attached to by the way).  When we re-ascended this pitch it was gone with only the crab remaining, still attached to the rope. Because I was the one who clipped it to the rope, I of course got the blame :( knowing that I tend to loose things.

Anyway a cold search at the bottom of the pitch and the water above revealed nothing, so where it ended up I am not sure. This also means that the pitches now have in-situ hangers that are ours too, as we did not have a backup spanner with which to remove them with.

If anyone is going down there feel free to use our hangers, just could you please take them out and return them to us once you are done. Also could you please keep a look out at the bottom of Shale pitch should you go that far for the spanner. It was attached to a yellow bit of cord, assuming the cord is still attached to it.

1 beer for the hangers
and 2 beers for the spanner.