Back from the Vercors

Tony_B

By now everyone should (I hope) be back from our adventures in the Vercors. Over the course of two weeks we managed to do...

Trou Qui Souffle - Saints de Glace through trip, Cuves de Sassenage, Grotte Favot, Scialet du Toboggan, Gour Fumant, Grotte de Gournier, Grotte de Bournillon, Grotte Roche plus others I can't remember. Photos to follow when I get round to it.

Other activities included canyoning, cycling up Alpe D'Huez, visiting the local cheese festival, drinking beer, eating pizza and moaning about the weather (at least for the first week).

As ever a big 'thank you' to Gary V for organizing, and to Denise for local liaison. Special mention also to the Finnish contingent, Miri and Velma, for travelling further than anyone else to get there!     

Tony_B

Glenn, I didn't go there myself, but I think this is the place that one of our number was shown by some visiting Belgians.

Welmu

Yup, we heard about l'Antre de Venus from the Belgians. Of course, it also took some walking in the woods to actually spot the entrance. I have to confess we didn't actually go in very deep at all. :-[ Spent more time in the forest than in the cave...

Anyway, the 'Finnish contingent" thoroughly enjoyed the Vercors! Our favourite trips were Grotte de Gournier and Saints de Glace down to Salle Hydrokarst. My first encounter with canyoning in the Furon was also a trip to remember. Thanks to everyone who helped to arrange the expeditions, and to all those who were there with us!

CatM

Great pics, thanks for sharing! I'll have to go back to the Vercors one day and do some other caves, not just the Berger..