Desperate for Outdoor 1st Aid renewal - anywhere!

caverbabe

I have inadvertently forgotten (just too damned busy) that my 1st aid certs are due to expire in 2 days.  That wouldn't be a problem if my IRATA ticket didn't depend on them, and I wasn't using said ticket in the next week abroad for a very H&S conscious client....Sigh.  Anyone know of anywhere I might get a recert this week or next Monday/Tuesday?  I'm afraid I cannot do a weekend course.  I may contact the IRATA org and see if I can defer my recert for a month based on my history...Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
You could just go for the Emergency first aid at work course which will cover you for IRATA.  Look on the St John's web site to find the nearest to you.  A quick scan based on Bristol shows availability this week in Bristol, Bath and Newport.  You should find availability within reach of where ever you are based.  Good luck

caverbabe

Oh thank you Badland!  I was told you needed a full first aid at work, not just the emergency one.  I have had the outdoor one for ages (SPA/ML/LCLA requirements anyway) so I've just kept that one.  I may see if I can do the Emergency one now and renew the full one later....

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
As far as I know to satisfy IRATA you need any H&S approved first aid course.  However, the employer should ensure first aid cover on site is adequate.  Let's face it you could be working on the A&E department of a hospital or a cliff on a remote Scottish Isle, requirements won't be the same.  Anyway lots of techs do the one day course.  Cheers

Mark Wright

Its only IRATA Level 3's that require a current first aid certificate in order to validate their L3 certificate. The minimum requirement is a 1 day appointed person. No need for a HSE approved first aid certificate though they are obviously better than the Appointed Person.

Mark