CNCC SRT Rescue Workshop

JackSherlock

Several of us from DUSA/WSG went up to Yorkshire over the weekend for the CNCC SRT rescue workshop. Just wanted to say thanks to Ian and Aidy of CPC/CNCC for putting it on. We had a cracking time hauling, picking off, and cutting ropes!

Would thoroughly recommend these workshops to anyone as they can be tailored to what you want to work on. (y)

Here is an amusing little video from the weekend:

Badlad

Administrator
Staff member
Brilliant.  I used to do that on rope access courses and get the candidates to guess how many strands needed to remain to support the load (person). It really gives confidence in the strength of ropes - especially to novices.  I'd recommend folk try this at uni SRT training if they don't already.  Perhaps use a dummy instead of a person and obviously point out other dangers to the rope like abrasion, etc.

Ian P

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks Jack for the positive feedback.

You were all great participants and exhibited some fantastic determination in making sure you succeeded at the tasks no matter how ?difficult? we made them !!

Nice video  :thumbsup but do I really sound like that  :eek:

Cheers
Ian

chunky

Badlad said:
I used to do that on rope access courses and get the candidates to guess how many strands needed to remain to support the load (person). It really gives confidence in the strength of ropes

I need six  :chair:

Pegasus

Administrator
Staff member
Just watched the video, educational as well as amusing. Thanks so much for sharing  (y)

CNCC

Really pleased you enjoyed the workshop Jack.

Our Training Officer, Ian is doing a great job at making these happen and putting together the most comprehensive training offerings the CNCC has compiled in decades  (y)

A reminder to everyone; Keep an eye on our website for more upcoming workshops; At the moment we are mostly booked up for the events until March. However, more events will be added for Spring and Summer, so worth keeping an eye on the website, follow us on Facebook, here on UKCaving, or sign up to our mailing list (https://cncc.org.uk/mailing-list/index.php) to make sure you are made aware when new dates are announced.