D.I.Y. or Caving

C

cave shrimp

:cry: missus has kept me at home all this bank holiday to do badly needed jobs around the house. The problem with women is that they never seem to get their prioritys / priorities/ the important things right like. If a guy wants beer she should be quick about getting him some same with food and sex. I can have sex with a headache (it's called the wife). So if she wants some repairs around the house .well she's the one whinging about em so she should fix em. :argue: But oh no she has to bitch me an put us on divorce status if i dont do em. So its her fault i knocked a tin of paint over the stair carpet,split a pipe whilst trying to remove a radiator,and when said radiator removed so did half the wall come with it :oops: Ah well at least she lettin me cave next w/end :wink:

T

Titch98

:shock:

I wouldn't stand for that!!

I wear the trousers in my house...........the missus just tells me what colour to put on.................

:oops:

Sorry............

ian mckenzie

Your wives obviously don't lurk these discussion boards... or at least let's hope not! My wife is the president of our caving club.

SamT

In a fit of reasonableness - I cut short our caving weekend in the mendips to come home on sunday night and get some DIY done today - f**king shelves.

We still got in a tizz though when she didnt want me to stop for a second shandy in the sun after a superb trip in swildons taking in the shatter series, blue pencil to sumps 4 and 3 and then back via the troubles and sump 1. I was apparently over stepping the line.

Had a second shandy though :wink:

bubba

Administrator
Phew!! Get it off yer chest Cave Shrimp :D

There......now that's better innit?

Having just knocked two downstairs rooms through into one, I can appreciate any DIY grievences - the place still looks like a building site 4 weeks later...I sort of don't mind the diy though, coz she cleans the place from top to bottom / waters plants / cooks Sunday tea / etc so I figure it's a pretty fair trade if I end up doing most of the diy grafting.

bubba

Administrator
SamT said:
We still got in a tizz though when she didnt want me to stop for a second shandy in the sun after a superb trip in swildons taking in the shatter series, blue pencil to sumps 4 and 3 and then back via the troubles and sump 1. I was apparently over stepping the line.

Sounds like a nice trip - ain't Swildon's nice? Did you have to bail the mud-sump? If so, how long did it take?

Bet you're going to tell me Birthday Squeeze isn't, aren't you :wink:

C

cave shrimp

:roll: Bubba you to soft with your missus. mine is now nagging about the bathroom that i started to tile 7yrs ago. keep telling her these things take time. :wink: She new when she married me that i only any good with me hands in one particular field..................... yip u guessued it the one down the road with the sheep in :oops:

bubba

Administrator
I know, I'm such a new man :D

I don't want to hear what you do with your hands in a field full of sheep you strange man :wink:

SamT

bubba said:
Sounds like a nice trip - ain't Swildon's nice? Did you have to bail the mud-sump? If so, how long did it take?
Bet you're going to tell me Birthday Squeeze isn't, aren't you :wink:

Didnt have to bail mud sump - we went on sunday so I suspect it had been bailed on saturday - plus there was a party ahead of us. Its really simple - jsut a curtain that hangs down really - we had about 2 - 3" airspace and you could keep your eyes and nose out of the water. Then there were all the troubles. I think the party ahead of us managed to get the syphon working - we were at the top of blue pencil where there was a constant run of water gushing down for a time.

yup birthday squeeze isnt. Well bog and dave cowley both pissed it. its one of those that slopes and narrows to the right - keep yourself up and left and your alright.

Ace trip.