Excuses for not caving

PMN1

Waht's the best excuses for not going caving people have come up with.

The best i've heard so far is an exploding car radiator.

D

darkplaces

Honest...

me + others, 8pm at night walking into some woods heading for an old quarry in full 'underground gear'...

"oo you going underground" a passerby says, yes we are, wanna take a 5 min look, i'd be happy to show you round.

"Naa", says the passerby, looking up at the night sky, "bit dark ant it!"... :?

Others include
"Naa, its a bit cold and wet outside today..."
"Its blowing a gale outside..."
"I was underground yesterday..."

M

Mole

Years ago,at a colliery in Lancashire.one of the trainees disappeared.

Big Panic.

He was found hiding in the showers.

"I don't like going down that big hole".

T

tiggs

Must admit people do give me funny looks when i say i am off caving on dark nights, but if its gonna be dark in the cave anyway what difference does it make?!

One of my mates said she didnt wanna go caving again cos she didnt want to get her knickers wet! (*chortle chortle!) (simple effective solution to that problem me thinks LOL)

L

Limestone_Cowboy

I was onced stopped caving by fire :shock:

I was in Matienzo, N. Spain. Happily playing at bolting an entrance on top of a huge hill that had taken hours to walk to when it started to get smokey. Soon the smoke was so thick that visibility was down to 30 feet. Shortly every living thing on the hill ran by and me and my partner went to invetigate the source of the smoke.
Alas the old adage is true "Where there's smoke there's fire", some spanish farmer had set the hill ablaze to clear undergrowth :evil: and the wind was blowing the blaze up the hill towards us. Needless to say we retreated down the hill quicker than we had gone up and never went back :!:

Rob

Digging down P7 last winter we couldn't get down cause the lid had frozen solid shut.

However, we had a blow torch in the car so all was well in the end.

caverholic

I generally find the biggest excuse is the warm fire and Beer in the Hunters
or going to Bernies to by kit.

(Rob) you've got plenty of excuses now not to go caving. :wink:

Also another one is the dam university expecting us students to do work for our degree.

oh and I occasionally forget kit. :roll:

I think i might write a textbook on this!
I have sooo many.

I do actually go caving sometimes.

Did OFD about a year ago walked up to top entrance to find someone had broken the key off in the lock!

Rob

Dave, the main reason you don't go caving is you can never find the bloody cave!!

caverholic said:
(Rob) you've got plenty of excuses now not to go caving. :wink:
I dont know what your talking about. Five times a week not enough for you!