DCA Update on caving & Covid-19 1/6/2020

DCA

DCA has updated its guidance on caving and mine exploration in the area during the current Covid-19 outbreak. This statement replaces the one issued on the 12th of May 2020. There is not a huge amount that has changed to be fair, but there have been some closures to land with caves/mines on which we've been asked to highlight.
Please read the full document on the DCA website here:
https://www.thedca.org.uk/
and check the access situation for your intended trip before you go here:
https://peakdistrictcaving.info/home/the-caves

The DCA does not police caving in the area, but we must urge cavers to act responsibly, consider carefully the nature and location of their intended trip and avoid sites where the landowner has closed access. Any updates to access will be reflected in the cave registry and across our social media.

At the time of writing this post, the current list of closed sites are as follows. Please bear in mind this list may go out of date quickly, so check the DCA website before your trip.
Ashford Black Marble Mine
Bagshawe Cavern
Devonshire Mine
All sites on Peakshill Farm (Giant's/Snelslow)
All sites on Perryfoot Farm (P8 etc...)
Peak/Speedwell system, including JH & Titan.
Other landowners may also not wish cavers to visit at this time, but we can only notify you of the ones who have spoken to us. It might be wise to avoid any site where a face to face meeting is required (i.e. to pay at a farm house) for a little longer, or ring ahead to make sure that they are happy for you to visit.

Stay safe, stay well and make good choices.
Pete Knight, on behalf of the DCA Committee

DCA

UPDATE 18/6: All sites on Perryfoot Farm (P8 etc...)
The landowner is permitting caving again, but asks that you do not call at the farm for permission. They are waiving the trespass fee for the time being so you don't need to go into the farm. DCA notices will need to be removed from the car park in the next few days but access is okay as of now.

If you become aware of a change in access situation at one of the Covid-19 closed sites or anywhere else, please let DCA know so that we can update the access details online. There is a submit report link on the DCA homepage www.thedca.org.uk

Pete Knight, DCA Projects Officer, posted on behalf of the DCA

DCA

Apologies, another closed site has literally just been brought to our attention.
Holmebank Chert Mine is currently shut. Visitors need to call in at the architects firm normally, but the owner is asking that cavers stay away for now. We'll update you as soon as we hear different.

At the time of writing this post, the current list of closed sites are as follows. Please bear in mind this list may go out of date quickly, so check the DCA website before your trip.
Bagshawe Cavern
Devonshire Mine
Holmebank Chert Mine
Peak/Speedwell system, including JH & Titan.

Other landowners may also not wish cavers to visit at this time, but we can only notify you of the ones who have spoken to us. It might be wise to avoid any site where a face to face meeting is required (i.e. to pay at a farm house) for a little longer, or ring ahead to make sure that they are happy for you to visit.

DCA

Bagshawe Cavern
Devonshire Mine
Holmebank Chert Mine
Peak/Speedwell system, including Titan.

Updates:
Rowter Farm is open but cavers should note that Peak, Speedwell and Titan are stull shut and through trips from JH are not possible yet. JH is open as an up-&-down trip.
Perryfoot Farm (P8 etc...) request no visits to the farm to pay and are waiving the fee for now.