King's Mine

Gritstone

So I'm thinking of heading off into King's Mine in Masson Quarry. I've never been in and just wondered if anyone could let me in on which part of the survey under the quarry relates to it. Obviously some of those workings are now gone but is it straight forward to navigate? I'm aware it's tight so I'd like to do some homework before I go. Sadly I can't find a great deal of information online. Cheers guys

owd git

Take great care and set a callout buddie! some bits including King shaft just dying to meet you or anyone in there. Navigation not so easy. not got a survey myself. That said. if you don't disturb anythingitmay hang on long enough for an interesting grovel about. I like it, but do take care!!  :) O. G.

Gritstone

Thanks for that, I'd kind of heard it was a bit loose in places so not under any illusions on that one but being a bit crawly and loose I was looking to get the navigation sorted before I went in so it was one less faff underground if you get my drift. I always set a callout usually the misses or kids. It makes me feel safer and scares the hell out of them 😁