Breifne Caving Club New Webiste

richardg

Thank You gelliffe for sharing this

Nice photos, always nice to see the human element of people enjoying themselves caving
Some impressive sized caves

Leitrim, for me  holds precious  memories of some of the beautiful caves I was fortunate to be the first to explore, quite a few years back, as well as meeting some fine people and the making of lifelong local friendships.

So I 'm looking forward to reading more and seeing more captivating pictures portraying the future adventures of the Breifne Caving Club

Richard

Stevo

Richard,

We've been revisiting this area and doing an extensive re-logging of the caves in Leitrim .

It is always useful to get in contact with some of the original explorer's for stories.

What club were you with?

stephen

richardg

Just got home from our Penyghent project, tired. I'll send you a PM in a few days time if thats ok.

Richard.

jockr

Richard have you seen the latest edition of Irish Speleology (http://www.caving.ie/sui-shop-2/)?

There have been lots of exciting re-discoverys and new finds about Leitrim and the Breifne region recently.  Top marks and best of luck to the new club.  Nice website with some excellent photos  :)

richardg

I' ll get some copies ta for that jockr.

Wheres the cave on VOL 19 cover, is that in Ireland?

Richard

jockr

Hi Richard

Irish Speleology 19 and 20 are both Leitrim cover shots  :)

19 ? Pulthy Coughhlan (near Drumshanbo)

20 ? Pollr?nda (up on Largy, east Truskmore)

Should probably start a separate thread on the new Irish Speleology?  Feel free to give the Breifne or Shannon crew a shout if you ever fancy a return visit to any of your old stomping grounds in Leitrim.  Lots of exciting stuff going on at the minute.. we'd be glad to see some keen visitors, volunteers or 'auld' hands about the place!

cheers

jock