12th Jan screening of Diving into the Unknown in Sheffield

Katie

For those who don't have facebook....
Thursday, January 12, 2017 at 7:30 PM - 9:30 PM
Regather
57-59 Club Garden Road, S11 8BU Sheffield
Tickets Available
regather.yapsody.com

Diving into the Unknown is a film about a group of Finnish divers who set out on a secret mission to bring the bodies of their friends home after a deadly accident in a deep underwater cave. Four Finnish cave divers face their worst nightmare when two of their friends drown deep inside an underwater cave in Norway. When the official recovery operation is called off by the Norwegian and British authorities after being deemed too risky, the friends set out on a secret mission to retrieve the bodies themselves.

Trailer here: http://www.divingintotheunknown.com/en

alexchien

I think you may have the wrong description of the film there:-

A group of Finnish divers take some novices on a highly technical, 130 m deep cave dive, which enters one cave and exits another. The majority of the divers have never done this dive before and thus do not have any experience of the awkward sections to pass .
When 1 diver becomes wedged in a low bedding due to his cumbersome diving equipment (novice) and a following diver (novice) also dies , the experienced divers then miraculously make it back to safety.
During a clandestine recovery operation, (entering a crime scene) one of the original surviving divers then returns and with help, recovers the bodies of the 'lambs'.

I've heard it's a good film.

Pitlamp

I must confess, it went through my mind that I hope this portrayal of events doesn't give the wrong impression of what cave diving is really like.

I've also heard it's a good film (at least for the uninitiated perhaps?). But I certainly don't want to judge it without actually having seen it of course - and many thanks to Katie, for flagging it up to everyone.