Caving shops

bagpuss

Hi,
I'm fairly sure that the answer is no, but are there any places Mendip based to buy kit these days? Last kit we bought was years ago in Andy Sparrows shop. Need new caving suits but I struggled last time to get a good fit. Can you try them on at the Warmbac base?

Or if anyone is selling ones in good nick we prob need and medium and a large!

maxb727

Starless River is in Mendip on 25/26 January - Tony has a good range of suits you can try on and has a great method of checking they really are the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PeteHall

Or Andy Sparrow's shop...

http://caveclimb.com/

He's still in Cheddar, but no longer on the high Street, instead based out of an industrial unit with an SRT training facility as well as the gear hire and shop.

Best give him a call before you turn up as he opens to order, but he only lives 2 minutes from the unit so can usually accommodate at short notice.

Last time I bought an oversuit he stocked warmbac and meander.

PeteHall

Perhaps forget that, website says he's no longer selling small volume kit...

Might be worth a call anyway in case he had old stock in the right size, or ex-hire.

Also worth a call to Warmbac. If you struggle to get a good fit, they can make to order.

mikem

Caveclimb were selling off their remaining stock just before Xmas, so probably worth finding out if they have any suits left.

Next nearest would be Up & Under in Cardiff.

Mr Mike

bagpuss said:
Hi,
I'm fairly sure that the answer is no, but are there any places Mendip based to buy kit these days? Last kit we bought was years ago in Andy Sparrows shop. Need new caving suits but I struggled last time to get a good fit. Can you try them on at the Warmbac base?

Or if anyone is selling ones in good nick we prob need and medium and a large!

Over the years I've been in many times into Warmbac to try stuff out, even got properly measured up for a tailored wet suit.

darren

Another vote for Starless river.

It's a proper shop with good stock levels. At least 3 different makes of oversuite (including warmbac), so likely to get one that's good for you.

Only downside is he's mobile so you have to look at the website to see where he will be. He is normally found at a caving hut so you can bump into other cavers at the same time.

bagpuss

maxb727 said:
Starless River is in Mendip on 25/26 January - Tony has a good range of suits you can try on and has a great method of checking they really are the right size.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I'll take a look & make contact with him. Andy S hasn't got any old stock left to sell.