Nice pic

bubba

Administrator
Cap'n Chris posted this one to the gallery:

mgslowcascade.jpg

cap n chris

Correct. It's got nothing to do with carrying camera equipment whatsoever.... it contains spare underwear for clearing up the mess after seeing the scary monster.

cap n chris

Course he does. The ammo box belongs to Martin, the "model", in which he carries his SLR camera & accessories. I usually carry my digi camera in a poly bag inside my overalls but sometimes put it in a BDH for wetter stuff (like going through sumps); the camera's been submerged three times so far (by accident) but if you take the batteries out and dry it over a radiator for a few days it still works again afterwards.

cap n chris

I have two; Canon Powershot A60 & Powershot A85 - the picture above was taken with the A60 (2megapixels). The A85 is 4megapixels but obviously download times are glacial so I've not tried to post any from that to the gallery yet.

D

darkplaces

I dunked my camera in a flooded level in a slate mine in north wales and it never recovered :( The pictures already taken on the memory card were fine though.

I guess you didnt use flash for that picture and it wasnt a long exposure was it... An ammo case of all things.. I have about 3 of em here lying around, one does what it says on the tin, almost.

T

tiggs

We've got a waterproof housing for our digital camera which is fab, as DDA is into Kayaking too so he stands in the sea and takes fab pics of his mates all kayaking round him lol

dunc

Ahh cameras - I had a compact thing years ago and I took it in Long Churn one day- had been in Churns loads of times before and had no trouble with the pools - first time with camera, slip, splash!! It complained a bit when I tried using later that day but after then it was fine.. Until someone else borrowed it and fell in the river Dee with it - which completely killed it! :roll:

cap 'n chris said:
I have two; Canon Powershot A60 & Powershot A85 - the picture above was taken with the A60 (2megapixels). The A85 is 4megapixels but obviously download times are glacial so I've not tried to post any from that to the gallery yet.

I have a PowerShot A70, but I haven't been overly impressed with the underground shots. Have you tried your PowerShot with a slave?? I used to use a little Kodak compact to take pictures underground, but it died after 8 years of service.

CN

cap n chris

Have only just begun fiddling with slave units but I still prefer the "zero flash" photography which digital cameras allow; have "invested" in a tripod so the photos taken (similar technique) since the one in question are less blurred now.

I like to wonder what original cave photographers would have made of the expression "zero flash cave photography".

D

darkplaces

Zero flash cave photography?
Long exposure or just by the lamp light.
I like tripod & slave flashes, sometimes long exposure. If I am limited in light long exposure with tripod or sat on something else pic ends up blurry. If I have no flashes Long exposure and painting with lamp works but ends up yellow if using normal builb and blue if via leds.

cap n chris

Long(ish) exposure & lamp light foreground & caplamp. Use my Nova headlamp (5W LED) to get foreground relatively white rather than the yellow you experience if using bulbs - also LED light is diffuse and helps.
IIRC there's some detail on exposure times in the Gallery section next to other pics by me.