Bisun Flexitwin for Petzl Duo (Test & Comparison)

YorkshireTea

Ola Guys & Gals !

This week I managed to get hold of one of the Bisun Flexitwin modules for my Duo  (y). My Duo Atex 5 LED just wasnt pumping enough light for my liking and its a case of either having flood or spot, for quite a while now i have wanted a light that mixes the two.

I think the removal of the 5 LED and 1 Wat Led and installation of the Bisun module took all of 30 seconds

I havent had chance to test down a cave but a basement is as good as anywhere right ?

The comparisons are all Duo's:

5 LED Module                                                              14 Led Max Output                                                        Bisun Max Flood & Spot
5_LED.jpg
Fixo_14_High.jpg
Bisun_Flood_Max.jpg

Halogen Spot                                                              1 Wat Spot                                                                    Bisun Max Spot
Fixo_14_Halogen.jpg
Atex_1_Watt.jpg
Bisun_Spot_Max.jpg

14 LED Module
14 LED Optimum                                                        14 LED Highest Output
Fixo_14_Optimum.jpg
Fixo_14_High.jpg

Bisun Flexitwin Module
Bisun Lowest Flood Output                                        Moderate Flood                                                          Optimum Flood
Bisun_Lowest.jpg
Bisun_Moderate.jpg
Bisun_Optimum.jpg

I would say that 14 LED maximum output is about the same as the optimum of the Bisun, and then the next level, the maximum output just seems to engage a small star !

Overall I am very impressed with the outputs, it will be interesting to see how the runtime goes in real world use.