Caves in The Lot region

Ship-badger

I am spending Xmas in the Lot with my family. Can anyone recommend me some caves that would be suitable for me to take my kids into. Nothing wet, it's December and we'll only have dry caving kit with us, if I take it at all.

rhychydwr1

Actually, more than one book, in fact a LOT

CONTRIBUTION A UN INVENTAIRE SPELEOLOGIQUE DU DEPARTMENT DU LOT by Jean Taisne 1995  96 pp 165 maps.  Gives the co-ordinates and location of 750 caves.  The beauty about this book, are the maps in the second part.  Most are large scale: 200m / the inch and show numerous caves.  An important reference work.  SB In French

UNDERWATER GUIDE TO THE LOT & DORDOGNE / FRANCE by Andrew Ward 1997  50 pp 7 photos 17 surveys location map.  Described as "one of the best cave diving areas in the world", this will make those Florida divers sit up and take notice.  SB colour cover

THE CAVE OF FOISSAC / The Prehistoric Cave of Foissac / "Historical Monumnet" by Alain du Fayet de la Tour et al 1987  31 pp 18 colour photo, figs, survey etc.  A 8km long stalactite cave in the Lot Valley, also a stone age burial site.  Discovered in 1959, the 25 m high chambers draped in speleothems are still in pristine condition.

THREE RIVERS OF FRANCE / Dordogne, Lot and Tarn by Freda White 1952  232 pp 48 photos, map.  This is limestone country and the author describes numerous caves, together with plenty of back ground information: history, food and drink.  There is a chapter on painted caves.  Lascaux, had just been discovered, whilst Martel and his faithful Armand also get a mention.  HB

Ship-badger

Where can I obtain a copy of "Speleoguide du Lot"?
I've googled it, but can't find a seller. Is it out of print now? Does a Club library have one somewhere?